Our two-week residency at Dansateliers Rotterdam was a journey full of impulses, reflections, and interactions that gave us new ways of thinking about our work.
We started thinking about community engaged / based practices as…
- spending time to find ways of relating to or interacting with people
- a way of finding our own urgencies and our sense of belonging
- a strategy to disperse power
- a way of discovering and sharing joy
- a way of being together
- a way of writing new contracts
- a way of recalibrating and remodeling ways in which we experience the world
- a way to empower
- a way of reconnecting – the roots of why we value being part of a community
We leave with lots of questions, some answers, and a basket full of food for thought.